Livebid internet bidding is available to all our registered trade buyers who have been regularly using their account for 6 months or more. If you want to become a trade buyer, please visit our trade registration page here. LiveBid lets you access our live online auction where you can watch, listen and bid on our auctions. You can also view our Livebid online catalogue for each auction. LiveBid is also available to anybody wishing to participate in our Classic Car Auctions.
Live Bid – Minimum System Requirements
- Broadband Connection to the Internet
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Unreal Media Player 5 (Download)
- Microsoft Silverlight (Download)
- Adobe Reader for viewing Condition Reports (Download)
- Windows XP SP3 or later
- Screen resolution of at least 1280×700
- Firewall IP opened on Http Ports 943 and 4502
- Do not download anything whilst bidding as this may affect the performance of Live Bid on your PC
- Avoid having multiple browser windows open as this may also affect performance
- Prior to bidding, view the sales catalogue for the auction that you intend to participate in so that you know what is being auctioned
How do I set an alarm for a lot?
If you would like to be warned when a lot you are interested in is about to be offered for sale, click on the “Set Alarm” button in the catalogue listing. The colour of the button will change from blue to red indicating that the alarm has been set. You can view any alarms you have set by going to the “My Account” page.
How do I register for a Live Auction?
Contact South Western Vehicle Auctions and provide your full details
I’ve forgotten my Username or Password
Click here to retrieve your details
My contact details are incorrect and I want to change them
Contact South Western Vehicle Auctions who will be able to change them for you
When I open Live Bid, I cannot see the auction taking place
Ensure that you have both the Unreal Media Player 5 and Silverlight plugins installed. Additionally, there may be a communications problem – Press F5 to refresh the page. If the problem persists contact South Western Vehicle Auctions
Please note that there is NO current support for viewing the actual live video footage from the auction hall for other browsers apart from Internet Explorer.
When I open Live Bid, I can see the auction taking place but cannot participate in it
There may be a communications problem – Press F5 to refresh the page. If the problem persists contact South Western Vehicle Auctions
I can see the auction taking place but cannot hear the auctioneer
Check the sound settings on your computer
I cannot submit a bid as the “Send Bid” button is greyed out
Bidding may not have started. Additionally, check any messages displayed on the screen for a more specific reason